Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Introductions

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Josh and I am aspiring to be an English teacher. Reading is something I do both out of habit and necessity. Whether it is Greek mythology, the back of a shampoo bottle, poetry, or my car manual I love to read. I read anything I can get my hands on because I enjoy it and find it relaxing. When I am not reading or reflecting about something I have read I am probably playing the guitar or watching sports on television. I hope that this Community Literacy class can show me how I can teach others to enjoy, or at least appreciate, reading. Finding out new ways for me to utilize my enthusiasm for reading in the community is something else I hope to learn in this course. My expectations are that this course will show me how I can take my passion for reading and writting and apply it in the real world.  

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to read that someone LIKES to read! (It's becoming less and less common.) This should be a good class because it will combine both reading and writing, but it will also add in the community aspects that can complicate the issue.

    ReplyDelete